There are a large number of volunteering roles with Healthwatch Wirral now available.
Please note that for some of the volunteering roles, you will be required to undergo a DBS check which Healthwatch Wirral would cover the cost for.
Promotions and Events Assistant
- meetings to plan or discuss visits;
- writing a report about what they see
- making recommendations to improve services
- team working
Anyone can be an Authorised Representative, as long as they are a Healthwatch Wirral Associate who has successfully completed the recruitment and training processes. This role may appeal to anyone who has experience of using particular services or who has clinical experience.
Community Engagement Volunteers
- Information Giving
- Participating in Task and Finish Groups
- Encouraging the Public to Engage with Healthwatch Wirral and Become Associates
- Raising the Public Awareness of Healthwatch Wirral
Volunteers in these roles must be confident in talking to members of the public and willing to be based out in the community. The role also requires the ability to use a laptop computer and printer. Training will be given for this if required.
Will training be available for these roles?
Yes. All volunteers will receive induction and relevant training for the role they undertake. Volunteers also receive a handbook, personal training plan and development / achievement record. Volunteers can also look forward to:
- Sharing their skills and experience
- Learning new skills
- Developing more confidence
- Gaining work experience
- Meeting new people
- Being part of a team
- Helping the local community
- Regular review and support
- Recognition of their volunteering through our reward and appreciation scheme