The Healthwatch Wirral team have been busy over the last few months so we wanted to share an update of what we’ve been up to and what to look out for in the near future!
The Healthwatch Wirral Roadshow in partnership with Wirral Council Mobile Testing Unit was a great success – it was wonderful to get out and about and speak to so many people about what matters to them around health and social care.
From April 2021 to June 2021 Healthwatch Wirral staff and volunteers have worked hard to support:
- 1861 lateral flow tests to be taken on site with the Healthwatch Wirral Bus and Council testing team
- Engaged with 8363 people on what matters to them and wider information on services
- Given out 9136 home testing kits with additional information
Healthwatch mobilised local organisations to join the Healthwatch Wirral Roadshow with organisations, like WIRED, Wirral Maternity Voices, Energy Projects Plus and the newly established BAME COVID Support Service, joining to speak to our local community.
We will be producing a report reflecting on the roadshow – what people are telling us about what matters to them. This will include in depth local views of our diverse community including seldom heard groups, and case studies of people’s feelings about COVID-19 testing and the vaccine. The main themes that came out from our conversations on the bus include feedback around:
- GP access
- NHS 111
- Vaccines and testing
Our other upcoming reports include:
- Seeing the Light through the Armour insight – reflections and recommendations from local people who have been shielding. This will include videos of local community members as well as a written report
- Vaccine feedback – our last report on the COVID-19 vaccination programme was published in April, so we are looking to put together a new report to benchmark what people’s experiences have been like when accessing our local sites
Remember to #Spare5 to share your experiences of any local health and social care service on our Feedback Centre: https://speakout.healthwatchwirral.co.uk/
We want to hear about all services, but we are especially interested in your experiences of NHS 111 over the last few months. If you or someone you know has used NHS 111 recently, please share your experience so that we can feedback on what is working and what could be improved: https://speakout.healthwatchwirral.co.uk/service/nhs-111