The UK government has announced increased COVID-19 restrictions in England from Thursday 5 November to Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Despite these increased restrictions, any maternity service users from England who need or have appointments/scans should still attend. Our teams are still here to care for you and have been listening to your concerns sent to Wirral Maternity Voices Partnership.
Accessing medical services is listed as an exemption for people leaving their homes in the government’s guidance.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic the Trust has been operating with restricted visiting. These restrictions and exemptions still apply, including one chosen birth partner being able to attend for the following:
- Scan in the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit (EPAU)
- 20-week anomaly scan
- Admission for induced labour or a caesarean birth
- Admission to labour ward during contractions
- Labour and birth until discharge as long as the partner does not leave the building
To ensure we continue to keep all our Wirral families (patients and staff) as safe as possible we would be grateful if you would follow our advice:
- Please don’t attend an appointment if you or your birth partner has a high temperature, a new/continuous cough or a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then please contact the department before your scan. Your appointment might not change but the team will make extra provisions to keep everyone safe
- Wear the facemask on arrival when attending an appointment unless you are exempt and a visor will be provided
- Use the hand sanitiser provided
- Go to the reception and you will be supported to wait in the area which is set up with socially distanced chairs
(Framework to assist NHS trusts to reintroduce access for partners, visitors and other supporters of pregnant women in English maternity services, issued 8th September 2020)
Tell us about your experiences
If you want to feedback your experiences on your treatment and care – please let us know by going on the Healthwatch Wirral Feedback Centre: https://speakout.healthwatchwirral.co.uk/ or Healthwatch work closely with Wirral Maternity-Voices-Partnership you can contact them on: [email protected]