Merseyside Sport are supporting Public Health England with the roll-out of the Moving Healthcare Professionals training, which is FREE, tailored, peer-to-peer delivered 75 minute online training aimed at all groups of healthcare professionals. This includes GPs, Nurses, Physios, OTs and all clinical and trainee staff working in primary or secondary care.
The ongoing pandemic has highlighted the crucial role of physical activity in supporting people’s physical and mental health. However, a recent survey from Sport England shows that many people struggled to keep active during the first wave of Covid-19, with over 3 million adults reporting that they were less active compared to the previous year. We also know that less than half (44%) of all GPs are confident in speaking about physical activity with their patients.
Over 25,000 healthcare professionals have received this training so far, designed to equip participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to speak to their patients about the benefits of physical activity to manage and prevent long-term health conditions. An independent evaluation demonstrated improvements in participant knowledge, confidence and frequency of patient physical activity conversations:
- 84% agreed the training was useful in their work
- 91% would recommend the training to their colleagues
- 40% of healthcare professionals were having more conversations with their patients about physical activity post-training
Free places can be booked on the following sessions (n.b. participants only need to attend one of these sessions):
Physical Activity for the Management and Prevention of Long Term Conditions
– 7.00pm to 8.30pm Tuesday 13th July (click here to book)
– 7.00pm to 8.30pm Thursday 29th July (click here to book)
– 1.30pm to 3.00pm Tuesday 3rd August (click here to book)
– 7.00pm to 8.30pm Tuesday 17th August (click here to book)
However if any of your colleagues can’t make these dates then please contact Jan Sinclair via [email protected] and it may be possible to arrange a training date for your team or venue.