You can help improve care on Wirral
Healthwatch work closely with the Care Quality Commission to look at quality and safety of our services. Your voice has never been so important! We really want to hear from you about what’s working well, and not so well! And we have now made it easier for you with our new Feedback Centre.
Our recent poll shows that, since the outbreak, people are more grateful for the health and care services they receive – particularly hospital and GP.
It also highlighted that:
- 76% of the people who responded said that feedback is an important way to improve services. Yet despite greater public willingness to contribute, there are still barriers
- 67% said they would be reluctant to provide negative feedback in case it increases pressure on services or staff
The site is designed to be easy to use; you just need to search for the service that you used (e.g. your GP) and answer some questions about the care you received (anonymously if preferred). If you don’t feel confident using the online form, you can call Healthwatch Wirral on 0151 230 8957 and we can submit feedback on your behalf.
We are grateful to our health and social care staff, from nurses and doctors on the front lines to carers supporting the most vulnerable members in our community.
With your feedback they can:
- make improvements based on what you tell them
- hear directly when they are doing great work and making that difference to all our lives
#Spare5 to tell us your experience #BecauseWeAllCare
- Have you visited your GP recently or had an online appointment?
- Have you had a COVID test?
- What about your dentist, optician, or local pharmacy?
- Have you noticed changes in support as a carer?
- Or have you had difficulty visiting a loved one in a Care Home or accessing domiciliary care?
You can now share your recent experiences through Healthwatch Wirral’s new Feedback Centre