Are you a student? Perhaps you work in health care? Looking for up-to-date experience? Retired maybe with lots to offer?
We are pleased to be announce that we are currently recruiting for a number of volunteering roles here at Healthwatch Wirral.
VOLUNTEER VACANCY ROLES:
- Community Promotion
- Visiting services as an Authorised Representative
What’s It All About?
Healthwatch is an independent organisation and our sole aim and purpose, as a Wirral-based organisation, is to give every Wirral person, just like you, a stronger voice to challenge, influence and help change for the better, how health and social care services are provided locally. We have the power to make sure health and care leaders listen to public feedback & improve standards of care and are independent of central and local government with our own legal powers and set our own work plan to reflect the concerns of the local community.
Ensures that everyone’s views and experience as a patient, carer or user of other health and social care services are considered when local health strategies are being planned that could affect you, your family and your friends.
As a volunteer you will ensure that Healthwatch Wirral:
- Promotes public health, health improvements and tackle health inequalities and enable people to share their views about local health and social care services.
- Alerts Healthwatch England to concerns about specific care providers.
- Provides or help everyone to find, information about local health and care services.
- Provides authoritative, evidence-based feedback, from people like you, to organisations responsible for commissioning or delivering local health and social care services
- Helps to make sure that services really are designed to meet needs.
How to get involved
You can become a Volunteer. If you would like to do that, please contact me, Kirsteen, for an Application Form or just to find out more on, 0151 230 8957 or email me at [email protected]
LOCATION: Two of the roles will involve travel to different parts of Wirral so access to a transport may be advantageous. Office: Liscard Business Centre, The Old School House, 188 Liscard Road, Wallasey, Merseyside CH44 5TN