Wirral University Teaching Hospital Trust – Ward 30 at Arrowe Park Hospital awarded Level 4 on Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) Assessment
Ward 30 at Arrowe Park Hospital has just been awarded a Level 4 on their first ever Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) Assessment.
What is the MQEM award?
The MQEM award recognises cancer environments that go above and beyond to create welcoming and friendly spaces for patients. MQEM is the first award of its kind in the UK and has been designed in collaboration with people living with cancer.
What is a successful environment?
A successful MQEM environment is:
- welcoming and accessible to all
- respectful of people’s privacy and dignity
- supportive of the users’ comfort and well-being
- gives choice and control to people using your service
- listens to the voice of the user
Services that reach the MQEM standard are awarded it for three years.