Over 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year and this contributes an estimated £23.9bn to the UK economy. Behind these big numbers is a big contribution. These 21 million people are a shining example of how we can all make a big difference to individuals and communities every day from improving the environment we live in, spending time with those who may otherwise be lonely and contributing to a range of other essential services and support. We believe such a big contribution is worth a big celebration!For more information, and for events in your area, check the Volunteers’ week website.
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Healthwatch help people in south London get support after leaving hospital
- New drive to improve social care complaints handling
- Parents and carers help GPs in Crawley become autism-friendly
- Healthwatch Network Award Winners 2017
- Man with dementia leads improvements to care for people in Shropshire
- Speaking up helps improve care for sheltered housing residents
- Parent secures changes to orthotics services by sharing her son’s experience