A new national plan for people with Learning disabilities and autism has recently been published. The plan is looking to develop community services and close inpatient facilities for people with a learning disability and or autism who display behaviour that challenges including those with a mental health condition. The Foreword to the document (page 4) explains the background to the project and the executive summary (pages 5-8) explains the plans that they will look to put in place. To read the full document, please click here Healthwatch Wirral would welcome comments about the documents and the proposed changes. Please send your comments into [email protected]
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Let them eat rice cake?
- 86-year old volunteer dedicates over 250 hours to helping make services better
- Healthwatch help people in south London get support after leaving hospital
- New drive to improve social care complaints handling
- Parents and carers help GPs in Crawley become autism-friendly
- Healthwatch Network Award Winners 2017
- Man with dementia leads improvements to care for people in Shropshire