THE foyer of Arrowe Park Hospital has been transformed into a 1950s’-style cinema as part of dementia awareness week. A ‘reminiscent pod’ aimed at helping patients with the condition has been set up to raise awareness and showcase the hospital’s innovative work around the condition. This is one of a number of ‘reminiscent rooms’ on its wards, which also includes a retro-themed dining room, a 1950s’ Memories Café and Memories Pub. These reminiscent spaces are aimed at triggering conversations and memories. The full story can be found Here
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Call for GPs to make sharing feedback easier for patients
- Have your say on which products should be available on prescription
- Improving mental health support by making veterans’ voices heard
- Helping people in Essex get the health and care they need
- Women and families who have lost babies speak up to support their peers
- What should you expect from home care services?
- Home care services: What people told Healthwatch about their experiences