As you may be aware, following a competitive tender last year, the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS) NHS Trust was given the go-ahead to provide the non-emergency Patient Transport Service (PTS) in the four counties of Lancashire, Cumbria, Cheshire and Merseyside. Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (Arriva) will provide this service in the Greater Manchester area, with both contracts starting on 1 April 2013 for three years. The Patient Transport Service (PTS) has produced an updated patient and public information leaflet, and an NWAS Patient Charter – a document which describes the standards of service a patient should expect from NWAS and what patients can do to help the service meet their needs most efficiently. A new website, which contains all the latest information and developments, has also been launched and can be accessed by visiting www.patienttransport.nwas.nhs.
uk. Download the leaflets below (pdf documents)
PTS Fact Sheet
PTS Charter Leaflet
PTS Charter Poster
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Healthwatch help people in south London get support after leaving hospital
- New drive to improve social care complaints handling
- Parents and carers help GPs in Crawley become autism-friendly
- Healthwatch Network Award Winners 2017
- Man with dementia leads improvements to care for people in Shropshire
- Speaking up helps improve care for sheltered housing residents
- Parent secures changes to orthotics services by sharing her son’s experience