Deaf Awareness Week Most of us get our teeth and eyes checked on a regular basis, but how many of us regularly think about our hearing? Monday 2nd May is the start of Deaf Awareness Week – a great time for people to learn more about hearing loss and deafness, and for people with concerns about their hearing to do something about it! Information officers covering the north for the charity Action on Hearing Loss, are here to answer questions about hearing loss and tinnitus, talk to staff teams and community groups, hold information stands, send out leaflets and general info…anything really! If you would like to know more, please contact [email protected], visit the website (hearingloss.org.uk) where you can do a simple online hearing screening or call Action on Hearing Loss’s info line on 0808 808 0123.
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Let them eat rice cake?
- 86-year old volunteer dedicates over 250 hours to helping make services better
- Healthwatch help people in south London get support after leaving hospital
- New drive to improve social care complaints handling
- Parents and carers help GPs in Crawley become autism-friendly
- Healthwatch Network Award Winners 2017
- Man with dementia leads improvements to care for people in Shropshire