Deaf Awareness Week Most of us get our teeth and eyes checked on a regular basis, but how many of us regularly think about our hearing? Monday 2nd May is the start of Deaf Awareness Week – a great time for people to learn more about hearing loss and deafness, and for people with concerns about their hearing to do something about it! Information officers covering the north for the charity Action on Hearing Loss, are here to answer questions about hearing loss and tinnitus, talk to staff teams and community groups, hold information stands, send out leaflets and general info…anything really! If you would like to know more, please contact [email protected], visit the website (hearingloss.org.uk) where you can do a simple online hearing screening or call Action on Hearing Loss’s info line on 0808 808 0123.
Click here to see our signposting page - a list of support services based in Merseyside.
Healthwatch England News
- Call for GPs to make sharing feedback easier for patients
- Have your say on which products should be available on prescription
- Improving mental health support by making veterans’ voices heard
- Helping people in Essex get the health and care they need
- Women and families who have lost babies speak up to support their peers
- What should you expect from home care services?
- Home care services: What people told Healthwatch about their experiences