Connecting Health Communities Update – September 2023
News - 28 September 2023
On 26th September 2023, we officially launched the ‘how-to guide’ for Connecting Health Communities for older people in Wirral*; important action research led by older people and carers in Wirral. The event highlighted to commissioners and practitioners how they can be more inclusive when delivering or commissioning services in Wirral so that older people and carers who need care and support receive it at the right time and in the right place. This work is especially important for the statutory and community, voluntary and faith (CVF) sector in order to reduce the inequalities faced by older people and carers in Wirral.
The ‘how-to guide’ can help to:
- Design, review and commission your services
- Assess and address the impact of services on those who may be at risk of ‘falling through the net’
The event was attended by a variety of people, including NHS and Local commissioners, service delivery and practitioners, and older people and carers involved in this work. It included:
- Why this is important, from the perspective of an older person/carer
- A short presentation introducing the guide
- Viewpoints from design partners and older people
- Feedback and Q & A from our partners – what will you do with it?
* This work is supported by Age UK Wirral, One Wirral, Wirral Older People’s Parliament, Citizens Advice Wirral, Healthwatch Wirral and Talking Together Wirral.
Please also see the new report on health inequalities which refers to the work on Wirral & illustrates the power of putting communities at the heart of cross-sector partnerships in local health and care systems.